At Edify School, we believe that sports are an integral part of the educational process and have integrated sports firmly as a part of our curriculum. Our Sports Education Program (SEP) emphasizes on the development of knowledge, attitudes and skills related to a range of physical and health related activities. The Program aims to encourage students to:
Through the school sports program students will:
- Gain knowledge on body control and spatial awareness
- Master new skills and techniques through a variety of physical activities
- Manipulate sports equipment or apparatus
- Recognize the importance of fair play and sportsmanship
- Understand how strategies can assist when participating in physical activities and ultimately in life.
- Use co-operative behaviors in order to function as part of a group or team
- Use proper safety precautions when engaging in physical activities
The school has an excellent outlook on sports with its national and international size courts and sports infrastructure as well as expert professional coaches to support a variety of sport activities like swimming, basketball, football, volleyball, chess, handball, netball, karate, cricket, skating, lawn tennis, table tennis, badminton. The students are also exposed to opportunities to participate in varied recreational programs that include gymnastics, aerobics, yoga, athletics and exercise.